Preface: Great Is THY Faithfulness


In 2017, on our blog, Jesus Ministries Exhortations, I wrote the following:

“It helps a lot to remember that our God created heaven and earth.
How hard can any of our needs be for HIM to provide?”


A woman from our little group responded:  "Reading this caught my attention and made me stop and think.  Very faith building to keep this in mind."


*****


As a result of what she said, I expanded the story as follows:

Thank you... there is a very big difference between our God and all other gods ... our God created heaven and earth.

We now have 7 people in our little church group and offerings of about $2000 a month ... everyone among us retired ... several died over the past 2 years ... most of our 7 are in 70's ... I am 80 ... so far as I know we each have all we need!


*****

Psalm 23:1-3   

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.
HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

When we hear the way of God in the matter at hand and do what HE shows us by HIS Spirit in each situation of this life, we make the Lord our shepherd ... and we shall not want when we do that.

*****


The ministry, at the time of this writing, has $9000 in ministry checking account at bank ... with no debt.

My social security is $779 per month...each month.  (I take no salary from ministry but live in house owned by ministry.)   After paying personal expenses, there is money left over...

We go all over world with gospel daily for free without leaving home.

More than 15,000 page views of our blog per month are reported by Google and since beginning blog in March, 2012, we have had more than 650,000 page views of our blog.  Jesus Ministries Exhortations 

We have 27 ministry books published on Amazon and these books are distributed all over the world

All this is done without any cost at all to the ministry.

Incredible!

And the way all this was set up by God ... development of computers and Internet at just the right time for us to use this ... and e-book development also ... and showing me, by dreams and by concepts brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit, exactly what to do at each step along the way ... is miraculous.

God called a blog to my attention by giving me a dream.  In this dream, a woman was singing to a group of people.  I said, "It is a little voice, but it is a nice little voice."  I realized this was a way to communicate with the church ... a blog ... Within 3 days of this dream we had a blog set up and had begun writing exhortations to the church.  Indeed it was a "little" voice ... but it was a nice little voice.

Blog:  Jesus Ministries Exhortations


*****


Recently I read a secular book concerning the demise of Braniff Airlines in 1982

At that time, I had 2 friends who were very closely associated with Braniff, one was a vice-president at their world headquarters in Dallas where I lived. 

Reading that Braniff book (Splash of Colors: The self-destruction of Braniff International Airlines ... John Nance)  has strongly brought to my attention how very different God's ways are from man's ways in running a business or corporation.

In 1981, a friend who was an executive at Braniff, told me she had never seen anyone run a corporation like I was doing.  She said everywhere she had been the rule was:  never use your own money ... use other people's money to make money.

A few months after telling me this, Braniff closed down due to debt, filing bankruptcy.  Barbara was one of their vice-presidents at their world headquarters in Dallas.  Everyone lost their jobs.


*****


We have so little in our church group, but so much.

And we have the only essential need ... God, who leads us and guides us and shows us what to do.

And God's ways are very different from the ways of man.


*****

This book is the story of the difference between the way God leads us and the way humans think.

As we read these chapters, we can see God doing according to HIS own will and purpose!

God is faithful to fulfill HIS will and accomplish that which HE pleases in our lives.


Joan Boney


*****


HYMN:  GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

Great is THY faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with THEE.

THOU changest not, 
THY compassions, they fail not.

As THOU has been THOU forever wilt be.

(Chorus)

Great is THY faithfulness!
Great is THY faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;

All I have needed THY hand hath provided -
Great is THY faithfulness, LORD unto me.



(To hear this hymn played on piano and to follow along with the words, click on the following link and then when it appears on screen, tap on the play arrow, >)




*****