* 6 God Leads By Dreams


In a dream, God showed me I needed to have a way out of my house but I would not be able to go out through my cousin's house.

Shortly after this dream, my mother died.  My cousin wanted me to move to the city where she lived with her husband.  She also had two adult aged sons living there.  She said, "The 'boys' will be such a help to us." 

But God had warned me in a dream that I could not go out through my cousin's house so I chose to move to another city which was 350-miles away from the city where my cousin lived.

It turned out that my cousins' husband died.  When she needed help changing a light bulb she had to threaten her son to get him to come to her house to do this for her.  She was crippled at the time and she told him if he didn't come do this for her, she would get on a ladder herself and do it.  

Then a year or so later, my cousin died.

I never liked the city where she lived.  Had I moved to that city, I would have ended up being alone in a city I didn't even like.

God, by that dream, kept me and spared me from all this trouble.

***

In 1982, I had 3 dreams about the same event.

In the first dream, I was in a tall glass building.  Something began to happen outside.  The building began to shake as if it were going to fall in on us.  It was like bombs exploding on our building.  This was not the first bombing but the second bombing.  After this, life would never be the same again.

In the second dream, I was looking across at the sky line of Manhattan.  It was all smoke.  Something had happened.  When the smoke cleared, the landmarks would be gone.

In the third dream, I was in a small diner.  Ambulances began racing past ... one after another ... with sirens screaming.

On September 11, 2001, I saw each of these dreams come to pass as I watched the event on television.  It was not the first bombing of the World Trade Center for that occurred in the mid-1990's, but it was the second bombing.

***

In 1982, I was on radio from coast to coast in USA.  I travelled to each radio city and had meetings for the radio audience.

The early messages were on the subjects of taking thoughts captive, dealing with destructive thoughts, and following God by His Spirit.  People from the various churches were very interested in these subjects.

Then the message changed.  God said to me:  The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God.  (Over and over I heard this repeated to me.)

Then God showed me sins being committed by ministers and by people in the congregations.

When I warned them on radio, there was much persecution coming to me from people in these church groups.

I was given a dream.

In this dream:  There was a football game between Texas University and North Texas State.  This was a shocking mismatch with Texas being in a much higher conference than North Texas.  The quarterback for North Texas was getting ready for the snap from center.  The running back was very skillful and had once played for Texas but now played for North Texas.  It was clear to me this running back was going to be in grave danger when he went forward.  Then I heard, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."

I knew what this dream meant.  I was in the Faith Movement until God brought me out and showed me some of the fallacies of their doctrine.  I had spoken of the errors in doctrine. There was much persecution from these church groups as a result.  I knew I was that running back in that dream.  I must not go out as I had planned.

Jesus warned his disciples:  John 16:2-3   They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.  And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me.

Immediately after receiving that dream, I cancelled all meetings scheduled for the remainder of 1982.

A woman who was in our church group at that time said to me:  "You've got to go out.  If you go out, they will give money.  If you don't go out, you will lose money."

I replied, "God told me not to go out.  I'm not going."  I did not go out.  I stayed at home in my apartment and continued recording radio broadcasts.  I did lose money.  But we still had plenty.

The radio station manager in Seattle said to me:  "Joan ... you have many 'good' messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off radio."

The Holy Spirit instantly gave me the following words which I spoke to this man:  "George ... If I don't speak the message that I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

(About 1/2 of the radio stations did put me off the air.)

My experience is church people want to be praised ... not corrected!

But God uses His prophets to prepare the church for the return of Jesus so the messages a prophet of God speaks will often offend the wrong doers in the church.

Luke 6:26   Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

***

Throughout the Bible, Old and New Testaments, we have examples of God leading HIS people through dreams.  It is not an unusual thing.  We might need to pray for interpretation.

In 1979, God gave me a terrifying dream.

In the dream, destruction was everywhere.

I went into a room where a man was speaking to a group of people.

A second man rushed into the room and said, "Stop ... Wait ... Can't you see ... It's too late ... It's already begun."  Then he disappeared and the first man resumed speaking.

I looked out the window to see what had "already begun", but none of the other people in the room looked to see.

I was very shocked at that which I saw when I looked out the window.

There was a tall pole with a yellow civil-defense type speaker on top of the pole.  Coming out of the speaker was a poison gas.  It was coming directly toward us.

The speaker set there to warn us was the device that was being used to kill us!

I looked at the man who was seated next to me.  He had a big smile on his face and he was looking directly at the man who was speaking.  Then I saw it.  This man was a corpse, though he looked alive.  He was dead.

I looked at the other people in the room and they were dead also.

And as I sat among them while listening to the speaker, I began to feel drowsy and I knew the "gas" coming from this man who was speaking was killing me too as I sat there.

I did not know what this dream meant, though today it is obvious to me.

In 1982, I was at the church group I attended.  It was a Wednesday night.  I looked at the man sitting next to me.  He was the corpse in the poison gas dream of 1979.  I looked about the congregation and they looked like the other people in that poison gas dream.

I got up immediately and went into the ladies room and began praying.

"God ... I think YOU are telling me to leave this church group.  I'm going to get into my car and drive away, but if YOU want me to return I will."

God did not want me to return.  God began showing me errors in the doctrines being presented in that group.  I shared these errors on my radio broadcasts at the time.

***

A woman was given a dream showing her grandson was killed on a motorcycle.

She went to her daughter and the adult aged grandson and told them of that dream.

They told her he would quit riding motorcycle, but he did not.

He was killed on the motorcycle.

***

Job 33:14-18   For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;  Then HE
(God) openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

That HE may withdraw man from his
(own) purpose, and hide pride from man.

HE keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.





*****